Saturday, August 13, 2011

Fill Up on Bananas While You Can: According to the Latest Reports, They May Be Gone By 2015


Can you imagine a world without bananas? I eat at least two every day, and add them into all kinds of recipes to sweeten/add moisture. So when I read a report about the world's bananas going the way of the buffalo, I was so sad. The news...

I love bananas, so I practically cried when I read some pretty serious speculation that the world's supply of bananas may be decimated by 2015. The problem?

a certain fungus that destroyed an earlier variety of bananas is wreaking havoc on banana trees. The fungus has already destroyed crops in Asia and Australia, and plant experts say that South America (where we get most of our bananas in North America) is next.

Better eat up your bananas now, and start appreciating them, before they're just a distant--and yummy--memory.


No comments:

Post a Comment